Pages

Thursday 7 July 2016

Cashmerette Concord

What is this madness? 5 posts in 4 days??? New record I think!

So, so far I have had a pretty sh** week so writing these posts have actually cheered me up a little bit!

I sewed with Jersey for the first time

shock horror!!!
Taping the PDF of the Cashmerette Concord took an age. 32 pages I think. And I tried to look at the layout drawing for the different options within the intructions, turns out the instructions and the actual layout don't match. I did message Jenny and she said would sort it so hopefully that will be sorted if you are thinking of buying it!

Cutting it was an absolute bitch. I hated it. Just finishing the cutting sat on my to do list for 4 weeks followed by 4 weeks before I sewed it. I didn't want to pick it up again. But I am sooo glad I did.

There are lots of options for this basic tshirt:

I chose the scoop neck, 3/4 sleeves without tabs and a curved hem.

I cut a size 16 with E/F bust.

Cutting it was an absolute bitch. I hated it. Just finishing the cutting sat on my to do list for 4 weeks followed by 4 weeks before I sewed it. I didn't want to pick it up again. But I am sooo glad I did.



I used a size 11 stretch needle and a zig zag stitch throughout. The instructions were great, totally made sense. I had to recut the neckband and the cuffs - take note of grainlines and you won't have that problem!

I am in love!

The length is perfect, no adding length! Yay!

This is a wearable muslin, I have not attached the neckline great but I think it is more to do with cutting than the sewing! Also, the hem facing is hanging down here, maybe its me not dressing myself properly.

I am not sure whether I should be doing a sway back adjustment on my makes but you know what, there is more to life than a bit of extra fabric on my back!

I have more of these lined up - so comfortable! So wearable!

But more of these does mean more jersey cutting....URGH!

That is me done for this week, enjoy your weekend! Hope the weather stays out!

Kristy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will try my best to reply to each of you as soon as I can. I love reading other peoples blogs so please include your blog if you have one so I can be nosey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...