Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Me-Made-May-16

Hello!

So my Me-Made-May-16 was only a little pledge:

'I, Kristy of scientificsewing.blogspot.co.uk, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to wear every item of homemade clothes I have at least once throughout May 2016.'

And I have to say I don't think I actually hit it very well. I didn't take it too seriously.

I only have 5 me-made finished items in my wardrobe. And I don't think I am a fan of two of them...

and they are the Colette Laurels



I wore the flowery version the day I made it and only could see the flaws (the armhole needs resetting) and it just felt very un-me. I didn't wear the tiled version, not 100% sure why, I just didn't.

I did hem and wear my first Miette




In fact, I loved it that much I got home and made another (awaiting hemming)



And I successfully re-fashioned a skirt (and more importantly, wore it)



I didn't wear my Seamwork Osaka - it feels really formal wear and just didn't have the occasion to wear it which is a shame as I do really like it!


My Delphine didn't get a wear either, I have to say I did look for it though and couldn't find it. I did happen upon it yesterday lurking in the depths of my underwear draw rather than in my wardrobe....no idea on that either!

So, all in all, pretty rubbish! 3 out of 6 items wore once...MEH! 

Maybe next year it will be better?

How was your #mmmay16?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I will try my best to reply to each of you as soon as I can. I love reading other peoples blogs so please include your blog if you have one so I can be nosey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...