Pages

Sunday 20 March 2016

What's on my sewing table?

Happy Sunday people!

Anyone else really looking forward to a 4 day weekend next weekend?!
Just a quick post to let you know I am still here and still sewing!

I have a Colette/Seam work Osaka finished except that it needs button holes - my machine doesn't seem to be playing so I need to hunt out my manual to work out why. For some reason button holes scare me, I am seriously contemplating hand sewing them but we shall see.

I had a very productive day yesterday


I HATE cutting and marking fabric, it's definitely the worst part of sewing and normally the reason I procrastinate so much before starting a new project so I decided to go on an epic cutting session of Colette laurels ! Wasn't the most fun I've ever had but absolutely worth it. I have 5 now cut and ready to sew. I have used tailor tacks instead of chalk so doesn't wear off and I'm ready to go! 

Does anyone else tend to bulk cut? 

Not sure if everyone will find it a bit weird / boring to be cutting 5 of the same top? This is one of the things about sewing I want to aim for - using the same pattern a number of times to show how versatile they are!

Hope houses great Sunday!
Thank you for reading,
Kristy xxx

2 comments:

  1. That's a LOT of cutting! I agree it's the worst part so I can't imagine doing five in one sitting - impressive perseverance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to actually finish sewing them up now!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I will try my best to reply to each of you as soon as I can. I love reading other peoples blogs so please include your blog if you have one so I can be nosey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...